Albert Clement was our minister. The war drew to a close and peace returned to the country. Hearsall later installed a permanent memorial to those who lost their lives during the war, among whom was Jim Perry who was a church member and was lost over Germany serving in bomber command.
Now that war was over many activities became possible once more.
Mr Walmsley gave valuable help to the building committee on aspects of church design. St. Andrew’s Free Church Home opened with good support from the church members. The Messenger was first produced in 1958, that’s another anniversary!