Hearsall Baptist Church and Schoolrooms circ 1950 Our History

From 1977-81 we were part of

The West Coventry Baptist Fellowship.

The three churches of Limbrick Wood, Lawrence Saunders Rd. and Hearsall united under the leadership of Rev Pat Ingle, Pastor Peter Rees and Rev Margaret Jarman who supported each other in their witness. 1978 saw Hearsall’s Golden Jubilee.


From 1980 – 94 Derek Noel was our Pastor.  We have much for which to thank Derek and also Sandra in leading us in worship and discipleship loyally and faithfully for so many years. Derek’s practical skills and devoted care of the buildings continue to this day. He has just completed another sponsored ride in support of Home Mission and Malawi so he has not yet hung up his cycle clips.


After the West Coventry Fellowship Rev Margaret Jarman continued as our minister until 1985.  Margaret encouraged us to have a strong prayer life as a basis for our worship. She and Iris Wheway began the monthly prayers for Health and Healing held in the Frank Hall chapel and she organised several retreats. Margaret had good organisational skills and was to serve as President of the Baptist Union.


1988 – 1998   Rev Chris Lewis was minister.  Chris had a very strong social conscience and was very understanding and helpful to anyone with serious problems. He ardently supported the Emmaus project at Binley. During Chris’s ministry our links with our neighbouring churches became ever stronger and in 1995 the Covenant between the five churches in Earlsdon and Chapelfields was signed. Our annual Neighbourhood Carol Service began. Chris’s contribution to the wider aspect of Christian witness included his role as Transport Chaplain.

History6